2139 E. Beechwood AveM Fresno,Ca 93720
Phone (559) 322-6600 Fax (559) 322-4624
The patient has the right to:
- You have the right to personal privacy and care in a safe setting free from all forms of abuse, harassment, discrimination, or reprisal. You have the right for all cultural and personal beliefs and preferences to be respected.
- You have the right to accurate and easily understood information about your health plan, treatment, health care professionals, and health care facilities. If you speak another language, have a physical or mental disability, or just do not understand something, help should be given so you can make informed health care decisions prior to your treatment or procedure.
- You have the right to choose health care providers who can give you high-quality care, including second opinions or specialty care.
- If you have severe pain, an injury, or sudden illness that makes you believe that your health is in serious danger, you have the right to be screened and stabilized using emergency services. You should be able to use these services whenever and wherever you need them, without needing to wait for authorization and without any financial penalty.
- You have the right to know your treatment options and take part in decisions about your care. Parents, guardians, family members, or surrogates that you select can represent you if you cannot make your own decisions according to state law. If a patient is adjudged incompetent under applicable state health and safety laws by a court of proper jurisdiction, the rights of the patient are to be exercised by the person appointed under state law to act on your behalf. You have the right to be informed of unanticipated outcomes.
- You have a right to considerate, respectful, safe care from your doctors, health plan representatives, and other health care providers that does not discriminate against you and provided in a dignified manner.
- You have the right to talk privately with health care providers and to have your health care information protected. You also have the right to read and copy your own medical record. You have the right to ask that your doctor change your record if it is not correct, relevant, or complete. Unless authorized by law, you have the right to approve or refuse record release.
- You have the right to a fair, fast, and objective review of any complaint you have against your health plan, doctors, hospitals or other health care personnel without fear of reprisal. This includes complaints about waiting times, operating hours, the actions of health care personnel, and the adequacy (or lack of) of treatment or care.
- Contact information if you feel as if any Rights were violated are as follows:
- Office of Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman Website: www.cms.eov/center/ombudsman.aso
Or Contact Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE
Or California Department of Public Health at www.cdph.ca.Nov under Licensing and certification Program (L&C). Call complaints to PH: 800-554-0351
- You have the right to submit a grievance either verbally or in writing to: Administrator of the Surgical Center, 2139 E. Beechwood Ave., Fresno , Ca 93720 PH# 559-322-6600
You will receive a written notice of decision within 30 calendar days describing the steps taken to investigate, the results, and the completion date.
- You have the responsibility to provide to the best of your knowledge, accurate and complete health information.
- You are responsible to participate in your plan of care & provide an Advanced Directive if you have one.
- You are responsible for following the treatment plan recommended.
- You are responsible for making known whether or not you clearly understand the medical treatment plan.
- You must have a responsible adult to provide you transportation and assist with your care for the first 24 hours if receiving general anesthesia.
Advanced Directives will not be honored at our surgery center. We will do everything to stabilize you, the patient, and arrange for immediate transfer to a nearby hospital. If indeed a need did arrive, we will try any life saving measure to stabilize you for transport. If you do not have an Advanced Directive and would be interested in completing one, we are happy to supply you with information.
Dr. Galli and Dr. Avena have significant beneficial interest in Regional Hand Center of Central California.